The first mention about the existence of a parish church in Potok dates back to 1326. It was undoubtedly a wooden building.
The contemporary church under the invocation of Virgin Mary's Assumption is a stone structure, in the Baroque style, with one rectangular nave with the pentagonal St. Barbara Chapel added in the middle of the 19th century. The church was completed in 1647 - 1648.
In the temple there is a main altar from the second half of the 18th century in the Rococo style with the painting of the Mother of God of Snow and the sculptures of the saints: Peter and Paul. On the altar there is a tabernacle from the end of the 17th century. The church has two side, Rococo altars: of the Crucifixion and of St. Nicolas.
The church in Potok. Photo by P. Walczak
In the rebuilt chapel of St. Barbara from the southern side, there is a Baroque altar from the second half of the 17th century with the paintings of St. Barbara and St. Stanisław Kostka, as well as the sculptures of the following saints: Augustine, Ambrose and Andrzej Bobola. The temple is also equipped with a Baroque pulpit. In front of the church gate, slightly on the side, there is the monument of the Mother of God under the roof, protected by two lions from 1904.
The parish has register books of: the baptized, married and deceased since 1874 and a parish chronicle kept since 1759.
Parish church fair is held annually on 15 August, the holiday celebrating the Assumption of the Holy Virgin Mary.