Originally, in the north-west corner of the castle courtyard two cylindrical towers were erected, each with the diameter of nearly 11 meters. In the 15th century the towers were pulled down and a storied building, known as the Treasure House was built in this place. It was probably a square defensive tower which was subsequently extended by a part supported by buttresses and added in 1528.
The Treasure House. Photo by P. Walczak
Ever since, the building served residential purposes. With time it was destroyed and then rebuilt in the years 1957-1960 and destined for cultural purposes.
Nowadays it houses a regional museum and a Public Library. There are the following exhibitions in the museum: geological, historical, archaeological, paintings of professor Marian Czapla and sculptures of Antoni Adamski. Besides, there are temporary exhibitions presented there related to the current cultural events in Szydłów - mostly paintings.